Friday, April 24, 2020

My Diabetes Diet

??????????????????????????????? 24th April 2020  


My Diabetes Diet

 

What Do Diabetics Really Eat?

I’m repeatedly asked, just what can you eat if you eliminate most grains and all sugars?  Here is the food plan for one day of my Diabetes Diet.

BREAKFAST: Around 6:00 AM

Hard-boiled egg, Wasa Bread, Green Tea, delicious!
Other breakfast choices are 1 cup cottage cheese with cinnamon and blueberries or strawberries.  Organic Greek yogurt with Raspberries and Stevia for sweetness.  Hard-boiled eggs with the yolks replaced with guacamole or hummus.  Any meat or fish of your choice, actually Wasa with cream cheese and smoked lox is one of my favorites.  Omelets with veggies, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, scallions, onions, the sky is the limit.  Add some sausage or bacon if you want it.  Just be sure you keep your breakfast to about 6 carbs or less.  If you don’t want tea you can have coffee with cream, or just drink water.

SNACK Around 9:00 AM

Celery sticks with Natural Peanut Butter and a piece of String Cheese.  Water to drink.

LUNCH 12:00 PM


Home-made Chicken soup that was made with carrots, celery, onion, mustard greens, green beans, mushrooms and Brussels sprouts (my least favorite veggie, but you really cannot taste it in the soup and it’s really good for you) and parsley.  No noodles.   I used all chicken legs for this soup and had two legs in my lunch portion.  Unsweetened Iced Tea for a beverage.
Other options for lunch, a big salad filled with meat, veggies, and cheese.  Tuna or chicken salad.  Any type of fish, grilled chicken breasts, left-overs from the previous night dinner, eggs, fixed any way you like include egg salad or deviled eggs, these are all great options.  If you are craving a sandwich either use lettuce leaves to replace the bread or take 2 slices of American cheese, put them on a piece of parchment paper and microwave for 1-1/2 minutes.  Do NOT use waxed paper, parchment is the only one that will work and will release the cheese slices.  Now, use the cheese crisps in place of bread.  All sandwiches are delicious made like this, and on a low carb program, they are on the list.

SNACK Around 3:00 PM

Chocolate Protein shake (this is also great for breakfast).  I use EAS or GOLD STANDARD WHEY protein mixes.  I buy the EAS (Vanilla and Chocolate) at Sam’s Club and GOLD STANDARD WHEY Protein Mix is purchased at The Vitamin Shoppe – online.  I mix mine with 1 tablespoon of Da Vinci sugar-free, alcohol-free Kahlua and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and 4 ounces of decaf coffee left from my husband’s morning coffee.  Shake or stir, add ice, and enjoy this delicious drink.

DINNER 6:00 PM

Pork Piccata, 1 cup broccoli, steamed and 1/2 baked sweet potato with a dab of Sour Cream.  Hot Green tea as a beverage.
As you can see, I’m eating a healthy, low carb, non-processed food diet.  Do I ever slip up?  Yes, sometimes I will eat Popcorn at the Movies.  I play cards and other games and my friends always serve foods that are not on my program, occasionally I’ll take a bite, but I’ve prepared for it by cutting down on all of the other carbs I eat earlier in the day.  And, you know, sometimes a girl’s got to have a piece (or more) of chocolate.  You can do this if it’s only occasionally.  Any diet that’s too strict will be impossible to stick with.  Build-in some cheat eats.  I’ve become mindful of everything I eat.  Sometimes I want it, but I say, I want that, but I’ll eat it later.  Then the urge will pass and I do not eat it.  Sometimes it doesn’t work and I eat it anyway.  The important things is, if you do eat it (whatever it is), don’t throw your entire diet away.  Just begin again at your next meal,  you’ll get there!

My Usual Carb Breakdown Looks LikeThis:

  • Breakfast – 6 carbs
  • Lunch – 12 carbs
  • Dinner – 12 carbs
That’s right, only about 30 carbs per day.  Did you know that there is NO DAILY REQUIREMENT for carbs for your body?  If you are following the American Diabetes Association diet, they will suggest that you eat about 100 carbs or more each day.  This will keep you on diabetes medications for the entire time you consume that many carbs.  Lowering your carb ingestion will lower your Blood Sugar counts.  I know because I track my blood sugar and when I eat that many carbs, it soars.  When I reduce my carbs, my blood sugar goes down accordingly.  This is how I got into the 5% club.  I know, it’s hard to give up all the stuff that everyone is snacking on and eating for their meals.  But, when you do, the results are amazing.
Leave me a comment, let me know what you think.
To Your Good Health!




admin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arctic King 3.5 cu ft Chest Freezer, White Arctic King 3.5 cu ft Chest Freezer, White 4.5 out of 5 stars 165 $224.90

Arctic King 3.5 cu ft Chest Freezer, White 4.5 out of 5 stars 165 $224.90 from Amazon Best Sellers: Best Freezers https://ift.tt/3...